October 23, 2010

Hmmmm, so where to start?

 So I used to write a lot. I wrote songs. I wrote poems. I wrote down pretty much everything. Since we began  full time  In Tondo I  haven't been writing nearly as much as before. Only recently have I felt a stirring up about this.

The thought of blogging came to me through a group of wonderful people we met within the last month.We were blessed to have an amazing team come to do short term mission with us. They are from the World Race.  It's a missions organisation where they will go to 11 countries in 11 months! Hubby and I were blessed to host 2 teams  for 3 weeks. They came to serve and help us in the ministry in whatever way was needed - even shoveling poo! (I'm not joking) I could mention lots of wonderful qualities about each one of them - I really could. They were such a blessing to us and the precious people we work with. But if I could sum them up in one sentence it would be.

They simply came to love.     

Here they are!
 Hubby and I started to read the blogs they were keeping of their everyday experiences ministering alongside us- about the community- the story's of the people-the physicality of the place. I felt like I was seeing the lives of the dumpsite and cemetary families for the first time. Then it hit me -we live this everyday!! Their writings gave me a fresh look at the children, youth and adults that we are honoured to serve. I really felt I was seeing with new eyes. My heart was touched as I read. I was moved, challenged and  encouraged. I cried. I laughed.


They got me thinking...... I never want to become used to being around this kind of poverty. I never want to see naked, starving children picking trash on a rat infested dumpsite and think it's"normal". I never want to walk among open tombs where toddlers play and get used to it. I pray for a soft heart. I pray for eyes that would shed tears over the pains of people. People who are "so loved" by our God.


So honestly I really haven't a clue where all this blogging is going or if I will ever do another one. It still feels a bit awkward!  But Isn't Jesus so lovely - the way He  would take a simple, seemingly insignificant thing (like blogging)  to speak  personally to the hearts of His children.

 So now what? Do I hit "publish post"? Hmmmm, won't that mean people can read my ramblings?  That's just a wee bit weird! So how are you supposed to end a blog anyway?


I guess a smiley is always appropriate! :)


Check out the World Race blogs:
http://www.theworldrace.org/?tab=blogs&pteamname=Peace Love Jesus













14 comments:

  1. before the team came. i was also worried about being used to what i'm doing and just going through the motions. Through the world race team, God gave us new sets of fresh eyes and seeing through them again how rough it really is in the dumpsite and how beautiful the people are. Another reminder is that it doesn't matter where we are in the world, God is our father and we are his children. The world race team is part of PCF community church family. we'll done on your first blog love. looking forward for more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woops! I just noticed that I can't edit spelling mistakes after pressing "publish"! You would never know I'm a first timer!! lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. joanna, this is awesome! glad to be an inspiration for you to enter the blogging world ;) welcome! and you'll always have at least 12 readers between our 2 teams! love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kelsie! I actually never expected anyone to read it! We are praying for you guys in Malaysia and following your blogs! Love and hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joanna this is simply beautiful! these words are going to touch the hearts of sooo many people and challenge them. You and your hub are incredible people with such wonderful hearts! We love you guys tons!!! much love!

    amyD

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey beautiful woman! great to hear your words and your heart. you definitely have a gift. and you and your hubby will forever be an inspiration in my life i miss you and love you!
    --samara--

    ReplyDelete
  7. Joanna~It was so great to read how we inspired you to blog and I just loved your ramblings. I am looking forward to following your blog and hearing about what God continues to reveal to you. Love and miss you! ~Sarah B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brian Barrett said

    Love It!!! Just absolutely Loved everything about yall and what yall are doin in that community! Those people are just So great to get to know and help out with. Never gonna forget the Philippines!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joanna! You're awesome!!
    I think I can say for everyone that we absolutly loved working with you guys. Im so glad youre blogging now so we can keep up with you too! miss you guys!
    Sarah O.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Team Gozo!! So great to hear from you. We love you all and miss you (as do the kids and youth) Some of you have left behind major crushes (Samara and Taylor!!) :)

    Excited to see what God will do through you and in you. Keep trusting HIS HEART. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Now, it's PLJ's turn!!! :)

    I am so glad that you are writing a blog, then I can hear your words from where ever we go! I am grateful for that...your words are powerful and full of love!

    I am so grateful to know you and call you our friends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. :) Ate Joanna! This is so beautiful! [I know that word has been used so much, but I cannot think of another word to describe this].

    Thank you for loving us. Thank you for loving the people at the dumpsite and cemetery. Thank you for all of your words of encouragement.

    You are His beloved daughter. God loves you "so much" and has great plans for you. I'm excited to follow your blog! :)

    miss you & love you!
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  13. PLJ!! We love and miss you too!!! :)

    Still finding it a tad strange having a blog, but with all these lovely comments its growing on me :)

    All praying for you here and you are in our hearts x

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's lovely Joanna, really beautiful. And I'm very much looking forward to following you in your ramblings!

    ReplyDelete