August 10, 2014

An angel joined us for breakfast.

( A blog I scribbled a couple of months ago, but only got around to kind of editing)

My two boys eating cereal at the kitchen table and worship music streaming live from the International House Of Prayer in the background.

Josiah-"A rainbow Mummy!"

Me- "Where outside?" Then I focused my attention back to Eli who was rubbing his breakfast into his newly washed  hair.

(A moment or two later)

Josiah- "Mummy, a rainbow!"

Me- "Where? Did you see one out the window?"

This time I got up out my chair and looked out of the window. I haven't seen many rainbows in Manila.

Josiah -"NO Mummy, THERE" pointing to the far corner of the living room

Josiah- "The angel has a violin and singing 'Our God is Stronger'"

I almost chocked on my toast! Did my son just tell me he saw a rainbow, violin playing, singing angel?!!!

Yes, I guess he did!!

He then went back to eating his breakfast.

__________________________________________


A few weeks later we were having snack time and Josiah out of the blue said;

"I'm just watching the ballet dancer Mummy" transfixed on a vacant space in the center of the living room.

"He is doing like this with His wings. " ( makes imaginary wings with his two arms and spins around)

You might be thinking -  what a good imagination that child has or you may be thinking what a weird kid!

 I remember years ago my Pastor in Scotland said that he believed sometimes children saw things in the supernatural realm that we miss.I started to think about why this might be.

Josiah is not mature enough to deliberate about his description might be received. I'm sure he does not yet have the capacity to think " if I share this with  mum I might look like a fool!"

Children tell it like it is. They say what they see, ignorant about skepticism and without practice at being cynical.   The are trusting, have simple faith, tender hearts and humility.
They have not yet learned how to be egocentric. There's an innocence and purity .... well most of the time! :)

We as adults on the other hand may doubt, question much more, care about what others may think or say.
When did we lose that  care free abandonment not to be concerned about the judgment of others? When did we last take a risk by saying something true and crazy about loving Jesus?
What was the last thing we spoke that came from a truly humble heart?
Do we trust our heavenly Father with our whole hearts enough to simply have faith in His promises no matter what our circumstances say?


Did my little boy see two angels?
Maybe not- but maybe!

I have no problem believing he did.


God used my son to give me a reminder lesson about being childlike. I mean Jesus must have been trying to tell us something when he was asked who was the  greatest in the kingdom of heaven-



"At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, “Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?”
Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the midst of them,   and said,
“Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.   Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven"

(Matthew 18: 1-4)

I wonder how many things we miss out on because our hearts are not always in that place of becoming like a little child? How many blessings   have we not received because we do not humble ourselves as we should?



So grateful for God using these two wee men to teach me continually!

No comments:

Post a Comment