January 5, 2012

A place I cannot go...


2 weeks old in this pic

I am sitting watching our beautiful  4 month old baby boy sleep. Now and again he furrows his little brow.

I wonder what he's thinking?

His perfectly plump handsome face lights up even though his eyelids are closed- he smiles.

I wonder what he finds funny at this moment?

Sometimes a giggle. Sometimes a moan. I so want to know what he's dreaming of. What picture is he seeing in the land of Nod?

I realise I cannot really know, only guess. If  I could  just follow where he goes in his sleep. Turns out  that even though I'm with him 24 hours a day I cant really know absolutely everything about him after all. The one place I cannot physically be is in his dreams. Gosh! But I thought it was my job to be with him and protect him from everything?! Turns out- I cant.

Even before his  birth I gave him to Jesus.  Our children don't really belong to us. I'm learning they are a precious precious gift from God, whilst remaining completely HIS. What a mind blowing thought! God formed our too cute for words boy and gave Him to me and hubby to watch over. We are stewards of the most beautiful gift I have ever held. Totally beyond any value this world has to offer.

Josiah is designed by the master designer exactly the way He wanted Him- WOW! The parent of all parents has entrusted us with this bundle of fun- AMAZING.He  can watch over my son when I can't- even in dream land!

Father God sings melodies unheard of on earth over him....selah... pause..... how amazing is that??!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment