June 19, 2012

A letter from a Rose

Have you ever been going through a time where circumstances or people could potntially really discourage you and then at the perfect moment someone or something would encourage you to the very core? 

Below is a letter written from a Rose amongst the trash. It's to a group of our ministry partners from Bransgore Community Church who are sponsoring her further education in teaching.
I asked her permission if it was OK to publish her letter here. She said yes!
Today this letter lifted my spirit and reminded me that God is at work, motivated me to continue and lifted my heart to bring to mind that lives are being changed.
 
Rosemae ready for her first day at college
Hi!


My name is Rosemae S Melendres. I’m 16 years old. I live in a dump site in Tondo, Manila. I am one of the teachers in Kids Church. I’m teaching the 7-8 years old class.

When I was 11 years old Kuya Ron (big brother) and Ate Joanna (big sister) first visit to Tondo they teaching Sunday school. I'm one of the first 12 kids in the room. If you are listening to them and if you remember what they are teaching you get points every week. If you get 5 points you get a reward bag of grocery and  I always get points. Its 5, then 10 and it become 15.Ate Joanna asked me if I become her assistant in Sunday school. When I’m 12 years old I become Ate Joannas translator. I don’t know how I can translate. I only know me and Ate Joanna  pray before we start  teaching then I understand everything she say. It’s a miracle for me because I'm only 12 years old and I don’t have a dictionary or a teacher to teach me how to understand English. I know it is a blessing from God. Now I’m teaching 7-8 years old.

Before when Ate Joanna and Kuya Ron come here the first week there are only 12 children. But it become hundreds and hundreds. Now my whole family are in church. My mother is a volunteer. She cooks in the kitchen for the children and my father is guarding the church. Another miracle.

First of all I would want to thank God to giving me a sponsor and I want to say thank you to all of you who give me a chance to study in college. I thought before that I’m not going because the income of my family is not enough to college. But God is always there for me and he know that I really want to go to college and to become a successful lady. It’s not only for me but for my parents and my brother and sisters and to help the children in our community to help them know the love of God.

I don’t know how can I give back the help that you gave to me. I don’t have anything to give back. What I only have is Jesus. I pray to him all of you and to give you a good health and better life with Jesus.

God bless you and thank you very much.

 Rosemae :)

We have had the privilege of watching Rosemae grow up into a beautiful young woman who has a heart for God and a heart for people. She has been a faithful translator and I would have been lost for words (literally) on many an occasion without her. We have watched God answer her prayers for he family as they have come to know the Lord one by one.God is so good!! We are excited to see how God will shape out an amazing future for her.


No comments:

Post a Comment