September 11, 2012

The heart of a carer.

 
  I have witnessed first hand the sacrifice it takes for people to look after a loved one who is dying. As I write this I am thinking much of my mum and sister who poured themselves out caring for my step-father in his last few months. Anyone who is a carer has a special heart.Whether it's a mother living on a dump site or it's your full time"work"- It takes a really special person.But I think even more so when it is a wife giving care until the final breath of the one they love most....
 
 


There's a special kind of person
They are strong and true,
Caring through the hard times
Holding on, seeing illness through
 
Sometimes that special person
Feels weary and afraid
But the heart of a carer
Is to keep appearing brave
 
At times its sore to watch the pain
And tears are often shed,
God understands the burden felt
And by His hand you're lead
 
You are that special carer
You have been all your life,
Faithful, loving, loyal, true
God gave a special man- a very special wife.


No comments:

Post a Comment