July 25, 2012

What if it was my son?

I'm just astonished at the way our boy is growing up so fast. I cannot believe our baby is almost 1 year old! It has been the quickest, most amazing year of my life. Of course I am totally bias, but Josiah Domingo is just the cutest, clever and quirky bundle of laughs I have ever met! I am amazed each day at every new thing he does. When he walked this month I screamed so loud he fell over! When I think of when we brought him home and he was so helpless and tiny and now he is becoming this independent little man. He amazes me. God amazes me. The way He could create and entrust me with  such a precious gift. Josiah is so loved.So very loved.

Since becoming a mummy I find that my heart breaks so much easier when I see babies and children living on the dump site and in the cemetery.A fiery voice that shouts "injustice" has been more awakened than ever. In particular when I see little boys playing naked and hungry in the mud I cannot help but think of Josiah. Every time I see them I cannot help thinking- what if it was my son? What if Josiah was born here.  As I was thinking this through I started to scribble down these words.....



What if it was my son who was born on a dump
Birthed into the filth, surrounded by flies
No milk to drink, only rags to wear
What if it was my child- then would I care?



          What if it was my daughter, who saw horrors like these
In the black of night- watched her father die
Violence and rage, gangs and pain
What if it was my child- would my heart cry for change?


Give me Your eyes Lord, eyes to really see
If I had them for a moment, my heart would change forever
Give me your eyes Lord, eyes to really see
If I had them for a moment,I'd be forever changed



          What if it was my child who had to work in the trash
Life at risk always, just to earn some rice
Injured and weakened, scared and alone
What if?What if it was my child?



 Give me your eyes Lord, eyes to really see
If I had them for a moment, my heart would would change forever
Give me your eyes Lord, eyes to really see
If I had them for a moment, Id be forever changed



Mercy- Justice
Mercy and Justice for the poor
Mercy- Justice
Mercy and justice for the poor


         What if it was me who was moved with compassion
No more words, but love in action
What if it was me who done all I could
No more talk, but motivated to help
What if it was me? What if it was me?


Give me your eyes Lord, eyes to really see
Give me them for a moment, change my heart forever
Give me your eyes Lord, eyes to really see
Give me them for a moment,make me more like You,

No comments:

Post a Comment