October 27, 2013

A short blog inspired by a singing toddler :)

This morning I got woken up by our bare foot, sleep in his eyes toddler singing sweetly in the hallway;
"God is so good Josiah
God is so good Josiah
God is so good Josiah
He's so good to me Josiah..."

Oh I pray that our children would truly know the goodness of God in their heart and through their whole life.

When I got out of bed, tripped over some building blocks I began thinking of really how good our God is. But do I sing about it often enough? Do I talk about it as much as I should? Is it the first thing that comes to my lips every morning?

It should be.

At what point do we start to over think? Worry about things? Lose some of that instinctive childlike trust? Remember when you first put your trust in Jesus? You probably never had much doctrinal knowledge. You probably never knew that much apart from the amazing new reality that you were SAVED- that Jesus LOVED you and that God is GOOD.

My 2 year old reminded me that when I open my eyes in the morning, before the business of the day, before the schedules,  before anything I should speak out (or sing)  that my God is indeed so very GOOD to me. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment