October 27, 2013

Glitter on my face. Love in my heart.

Before I gave birth to our sweet Baby Eli I wondered if I would love both our babies the same.I wondered how my heart could hold any more love since it was already bursting with love for our first born. Did you wonder this aswell when you just had one? Please tell me im not the only one?! For 18 months I had focused pretty much all my energy on our Josiah.. I was elated we were having another boy. I had hoped we would have 2 boys close in age. But I also wondered what the uncharted territory of having 2 and loving 2 would be like.
But after 2 and half hours of intense pain, I gave birth on the floor to our baby and right there amidst the mess (child birth is seriously messy) I fell in love with Eli Domingo. Chubby cheeks and black spikey hair. I was smitten all over again. Tiny eyes locked onto mine for the first time
.I loved him before he was born but now  I SO loved him.



And then it happened- my heart grew.

I loved two.

I couldn't explain it. But I KNEW and I could tell my teary eyes husband felt the same. Our hearts had most definatly expanded and we loved another little amazing person. The creator of the universe had fashioned and formed our baby son exactly how He wanted him. I cannot even think of words to describe my feelings about that. It's overwhelming.

A lovely friend who also has 2 boys close in ages said to me "Don't worry Jo, the best gift you could give them is each other"

... and it's true

. Don't get me wrong there have been times and are times when one hugs the other a little (or a lot) too vigorously! A few bite marks and jealous yells! However the younger is now starting to defend himself by hair pulling! (why did no one tell me about this bit??!!) But even in the moments of chaos- I see how close the two are becoming and it just fills up my heart. Being a mum has allowed me to experience Gods love in a new way. So many many ways. I am forever grateful.



The other day we were playing with craft materials.As Ron walked in the door from work the 3 of us were covered with blue and yellow glitter. Just another precious, messy memory I don't want to forget.

Glitter on my face. Love in my heart :)

No comments:

Post a Comment